Lower Body Lift Surgery
Natural aging, weight fluctuation, and dramatic weight loss can cause sagging skin below the waistline. Lower body lift procedure sculpts and tightens the back of the thighs, buttocks, inner thigh, outer thigh, abdomen, and hips.
Lower body lift cosmetic surgery is appropriate if you are nearing your ideal weight. It may follow or precede an upper body lift procedure. Each year, thousands of people get lower body lift surgery performed and are pleased with successful results.
Board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Matthias Solomon provides lower body lift surgery to patients in Dallas, Frisco, Sherman, Texas, and surrounding communities.
Considering a Lower Body Lift
You should consider getting a lower body lift plastic surgery procedure performed in the following situations:
- Dramatic weight loss because of dieting or bariatric surgery
- Thin layer of fat below the skin in the thigh, hip, buttocks, and abdomen
- Restricted mobility because of overhanging skin in the lower body causing rashes, painful chafing, or infection
- Distress because of sagging skin in the lower body
- If you think your self-confidence will improve because of the procedure
Ideal Candidacy for Lower Body Lift
It is common for patients to feel frustrated with the appearance of excess hanging skin along the lower abdomen if they have lost a lot of weight, undergone bariatric surgery, or had one or more pregnancies. You may be distressed with the appearance of relaxed abdominal wall muscles or wrinkled skin along the buttocks and thighs.
Lower body lift can significantly improve cellulite and areas of sagging skin below the waistline. These are a few common reasons why you may want to consider this surgery:
- You have lost a lot of weight through dieting or undergone bariatric surgery
- Aging or pregnancy have left you with cellulite or loose skin below the waistline
- You have loose skin on your thighs, hips, and your abdomen
- You have excess skin, skin laxity, abdominal wall laxity, and ptosis or sagginess of the buttocks
- You don’t mind having a thin circumferential scar around the waist
- You don’t smoke or are willing to quit smoking during the healing period
- You have had stable weight for over a year and don’t expect to lose anything further. Body contouring is recommended to be done only after two years after the beginning of substantial weight loss initiatives. This allows your skin to shrink as much as possible. It also gives your body time to stabilize and optimize nutrition. These factors help in your recovery.
- You don’t have chronic conditions, such as heart disease or diabetes and are in overall good health. People in poor health don’t make good candidates for body contouring procedures. You would also need to obtain clearance from your primary care physician to get the plastic surgery performed.
- Surgical contouring procedures require mental strength, endurance, and patience
You are most likely a suitable candidate if you have a positive attitude and are healthy in all respects with realistic expectations. Cosmetic surgeon Dr. Matthias Solomon receives patients from Dallas, Frisco, Sherman, Texas, and nearby areas for lower body lift surgery.
Schedule a Consultation with Texas Plastic Surgeon Dr. Solomon
For more information on Plastic Surgery and Non-Surgical Medical Spa Procedures and Treatments in Frisco, Texas, please contact the offices of Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Dr. Matthias Solomon by clicking here or calling 214-983-0213.
Serving patients in Frisco, Dallas, McKinney, Plano, Sherman, Highland park, University Park, Preston Hollow, Prosper, Allen, Southlake, Denton, Irving, Flower mound, Little Elm, Fort Worth, Texas and surrounding areas.