Body contouring surgery allows for eliminating loose skin and sculpting your body. You can get rid of unwanted pockets of stubborn fat from the buttocks, abdomen, love handles, hips, thighs, saddlebags, ankles, calves, arms, back, and neck. Board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Matthias Solomon provides body contouring surgery to patients in Dallas, Frisco, Sherman, Texas, and surrounding communities.
Preparing for Body Contouring Procedure
You will be given pre-operative instructions by your surgeon. They will conduct a thorough physical exam and take detailed medical history for determining your fitness for the procedure. You should ask the surgeon any questions you may have related to your plastic surgery or the surgeon’s practice.
Your cosmetic surgeon will ask you to:
- Stop smoking before getting the procedure for promoting healing
- Avoid taking herbal medications, anti-inflammatory drugs, and aspirin that may cause increased bleeding
- Hydration is vital before and after the procedure for safe recovery
- You should do your best to achieve weight benchmarks if your surgeon recommends them
- You should incorporate any lifestyle changes recommended by the surgeon for minimizing the risk of complications
Body contouring procedure is generally performed as an outpatient surgery. You should ask someone to drive you home and spend the night with you following the surgery. You may need to spend the night at the surgical facility if you are undergoing extensive or multiple procedures.
On the Day of the Body Contouring Surgery
Body contouring cosmetic surgery procedures can be performed at a free-standing ambulatory facility, accredited hospital, or office-based surgical suite. The procedure can usually be completed in 2 – 3 hours. However, it may take longer depending on the number of treatment sites involved.
- You will be given medications for making you comfortable during the procedure. General anesthesia is usually used.
- Various monitors will be plugged on for enhancing your safety during the operation. This includes blood pressure, heart, oxygen, and pulse.
- The cosmetic surgeon will begin the operation as per the pre-discussed surgical plan. They may decide to change a technique or combine various techniques during the surgery for ensuring best results. You should have complete confidence in the surgeon’s abilities. You should also make sure that you trust the surgeon enough for making those decisions.
- You will be taken to a recovery area following the surgery where you will continue being closely monitored. You would be asked to wear a compression garment for helping shrink the skin.
- You may be permitted to leave within a few hours of the surgery or as per the post-operative recovery plan agreed on
Diet is Integral to Preparation
You need to eat a healthy diet before the body contouring procedure. This has two-fold benefits. Good nutrition helps in boosting the immune system and speeding recovery. Protein is the most critical nutrient required for healing. You should consume a diet rich in lean proteins.
You should also eat plenty of vegetables, fruits, and vitamin rich foods for stimulating the healing process and boosting your overall health. Cosmetic surgeon Dr. Matthias Solomon receives patients from Dallas, Frisco, Sherman, Texas, and nearby areas for body contouring surgery.
Schedule a Consultation with Frisco, Texas Plastic Surgeon Dr. Solomon
For more information on Plastic Surgery and Non-Surgical Medical Spa Procedures and Treatments in Frisco, Texas, please contact the offices of Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Dr. Matthias Solomon by clicking here or calling 214-983-0213.
Serving patients in Frisco, Dallas, McKinney, Plano, Sherman, Highland park, University Park, Preston Hollow, Prosper, Allen, Southlake, Denton, Irving, Flower mound, Little Elm, Fort Worth, Texas and surrounding areas.