Questions to Ask Before Breast Implant Surgery
As a candidate for breast implant surgery, you should know about the potential benefits and limitations of the procedure and have sufficient familiarity with the surgeon’s background and their practice. Backed by clear and authentic information, you will be in a position to make better choices about your cosmetic surgery.
A committed surgeon will encourage you to ask questions and clarify all your doubts and concerns during the initial consultation. Board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Matthias Solomon provides breast augmentation surgery to patients in Dallas, Frisco, Sherman, Texas, and surrounding locations.
Questions about the Surgeon
- Are you board certified in plastic surgery, and if yes, from which board?
- How many years of surgical training and experience do you have in this field?
- Have you previous performed breast procedures, and what is your success rate in this area?
- Would you perform my breast implant plastic surgery at a hospital, ambulatory surgical center or a private surgical suite?
- Do you have staff privileges in one of the local hospitals or accredited surgery centers?
- If any emergency occurs during or after my surgery, is your practice equipped to deal with it?
- If I experienced an implant failure quickly after my surgery, would you perform a revision procedure, and do you have a policy for revisions surgeries?
Questions about Breast Augmentation
- Am I a candidate for breast augmentation cosmetic surgery?
- What type and size of breast implants would you recommend for me?
- What incision technique and implant position will you use in my case?
- Do you suggest breast implants with breast lift surgery for me?
- Will I be required to make any lifestyle or dietary adjustments or changes to my current medications in preparation for my surgery?
- Will I have to undergo general anesthesia for breast implant surgery?
- Do you work with qualified anesthesiologists?
- Will I be able to go back home the same day after my surgery?
- Are there any potential risks and complications in breast augmentation that I should know of?
- How many days of leave should I apply for at my workplace?
- Can you share with me breast augmentation before and after photos of previous patients?
Questions about the Cost
- How much will my breast augmentation cosmetic surgery cost?
- Does your cost estimate include the anesthesiologist’s fee and surgical room charges?
- How much do I have to pay for post-operative appointments, surgical garments, medical tests, and prescription drugs?
- If I combine breast implants surgery with breast lift, will the procedure become more cost-effective in comparison to two separate surgeries?
- When do the breast augmentation costs get covered by health insurance?
- Will your staff guide me about my financing options?
Breast implant plastic surgery is a major procedure. You should assess how comfortable you feel with the surgeon and how accurately and clearly have they tried to answer your questions and concerns.
You may consider putting down all the questions you want to ask on a piece of paper (or in your cell phone) and carry it with you to the surgeon’s office for your consultation. Cosmetic surgeon Dr. Matthias Solomon receives patients from Dallas, Frisco, Sherman, Texas, and nearby areas for breast augmentation surgery.
Schedule a Consultation with Texas Plastic Surgeon Dr. Solomon
For more information on Plastic Surgery and Non-Surgical Medical Spa Procedures and Treatments in Offices in Dallas, Frisco, Sherman, Texas and surrounding areas please contact the offices of Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Dr. Matthias Solomon by clicking here or calling 214-983-0213.
Serving patients in Highland park, University Park, Preston Hollow, McKinney, Prosper, Allen, Southlake, Denton, Irving, Flower mound, Little Elm, Fort Worth, Texas and surrounding areas.