You will have an opportunity to ask your cosmetic surgeon various questions for clarifying your doubts during the pre-operative consultation for your blepharoplasty procedure. Dedicated surgeons tend to provide detailed and accurate answers for questions to help the patients make educated decisions.
It is important that you note down the questions well in advance and carry the list to the pre-operative consultation. This will help ensure that you do not skip any key questions or concerns that you may have. Board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Matthias Solomon provides eyelid surgery to patients in Dallas, Frisco, Sherman, Texas, and surrounding locations.
- Are you a board-certified plastic surgeon?
Blepharoplasty is a delicate surgery and should ideally be performed by an experienced and fully trained surgeon. You should choose someone that has undergone at least 3 – 5 years of medical training. They should have a minimum of two years training exclusively in cosmetic surgery.
- What is your experience performing facial and eyelid procedures?
It is possible for surgeons to have extensive experience performing procedures related to the body and breast, but not with upper face plastic procedures, such as blepharoplasty. Patients should ideally choose cosmetic surgeons that have experience in working with eye and facial anatomy. They should also have enough training and experience performing plastic surgeries in these areas.
- Where would the eyelid surgery procedure be performed?
Eyelid lift surgeries can be performed at accredited surgical centers, hospitals, and private surgical suites. Each venue comes with their own sets of pros and cons. You should check whether the surgeon has access to a local hospital in case of a rare emergency event.
- Will you perform the surgery under local or general anesthesia?
The eyelid surgery may be performed by the surgeon under local anesthesia using sedation or general anesthesia. You should ask whether the anesthesia will be administered by a nurse anesthetist or an anesthesiologist.
- How much will the eyelid surgery cost?
Blepharoplasty procedure is generally performed as an elective cosmetic procedure and is not necessarily covered by insurance carriers. You may have to pay for the surgery out of pocket. This makes it crucial to clarify all estimated costs during the initial appointment.
- What are the complications and risks?
You need to make an informed choice, which makes it necessary to know all potential risks and complications in advance.
Other Questions You Should Ask
- How long will the surgery take?
- Is the recovery painful and long?
- How many days of downtime should I expect?
- Do you have any eyelid lift before and after pictures?
- Can you share past patient testimonials?
- Can your practice deal with any medical emergencies should they arise?
- What is your policy for revision surgery in case I am not satisfied with the results of the primary blepharoplasty?
- Do you have any suitable financing options or can your office help me understand the payment terms?
Cosmetic surgeon Dr. Matthias Solomon receives patients from Dallas, Frisco, Sherman, Texas, and nearby areas for eyelid surgery.
Schedule a Consultation with Texas Plastic Surgeon Dr. Solomon
For more information on Plastic Surgery and Non-Surgical Medical Spa Procedures and Treatments in Offices in Dallas, Frisco, Sherman, Texas and surrounding areas please contact the offices of Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Dr. Matthias Solomon by clicking here or calling 214-983-0213.
Serving patients in Dallas, Frisco, Sherman, Highland park, University Park, Preston Hollow, McKinney, Prosper, Allen, Southlake, Denton, Irving, Flower mound, Little Elm, Fort Worth, Texas and surrounding areas.