Body Contouring Plastic Surgery
Body contouring is one of the more effective cosmetic surgery procedures for patients that have excess fat, skin, and other tissues. You can choose to get a lower, mid, or upper body contouring depending on the location of the excess skin. Patients with significant amount of sagging skin and fat in the lower body, midsection, and extremities may benefit from a full body contouring surgery.
You should get in touch with an experienced plastic surgeon in your area to determine the exact cost of the upper or lower body lift surgery. Board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Matthias Solomon provides body contouring surgery to patients in Dallas, Frisco, Texas, and surrounding communities.
Cost Factors to Consider
Body contouring is a highly personalized and customizable plastic surgery. This means the costs will differ based on the patient’s unique preferences and circumstances. These are a few cost factors to consider:
- Type of body contouring: You can get a less complicated upper, lower, or mid body contouring procedure if you struggle with sagging fat, skin, or tissue in specific body areas. The surgeon will concentrate on removing tissue from a small area. In contrast, a total body contouring procedure will involve removing excess fat, skin, and tissue from several areas on the body, such as the arms, breasts, midsection, hips, thighs, and buttocks. The cost will differ depending on the treatment extent.
- Multiple procedures: The doctor may prefer combining or breaking up procedures if you are getting a full body contouring procedure depending on your needs. Body contouring procedure that is broken down into multiple surgical appointments may cost more because of repeated post-operative care and anesthesia.
- Surgeon’s qualifications: Plastic surgeons with superior expertise may seem to be more expensive up-front. However, a qualified surgeon saves you time, expense, and discomfort in the long run by reducing the risk of complications.
- Practice location: Body contouring surgery cost can differ marginally from one area to the next because of varying cost of living and incomes. Many patients choose to travel to off-location surgeons for their experience with the surgery or to save cost. However, if you plan on traveling to a different location for your body contouring procedure, you should factor in travel expenses.
- General health and medical background: A surgery may cost more if you have chronic diseases or conditions that affect your immune system. This is because the surgery is costlier and more complicated to prepare, perform and recover from.
- Sedation and anesthesia: Body contouring surgery is generally performed under local anesthesia with intravenous sedation or general anesthesia. The cost of surgery will depend on the amount and kind of anesthesia used.
Health insurance generally doesn’t cover body contouring surgery because of its elective nature. However, your insurance provider may cover partial or complete costs if sagging skin is causing infection, skin irritation, or any other medical concern.
You will have the option to get your surgery financed by professional medical care financing companies, which offer quick approval loans at competitive interest rates. Cosmetic surgeon Dr. Matthias Solomon receives patients from Dallas, Frisco, Texas, and nearby areas for body contouring surgery.
Schedule a Consultation with Frisco, Texas Plastic Surgeon Dr. Solomon
For more information on Plastic Surgery and Non-Surgical Medical Spa Procedures and Treatments in Frisco, Texas, please contact the offices of Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Dr. Matthias Solomon by clicking here or calling 214-983-0213.
Serving patients in Frisco, Dallas, McKinney, Plano, Sherman, Highland park, University Park, Preston Hollow, Prosper, Allen, Southlake, Denton, Irving, Flower mound, Little Elm, Fort Worth, Texas and surrounding areas.