Liposuction plastic surgery today is considerably less invasive compared to the past because of advancements made in surgical techniques. Use of laser and ultrasound technology has also helped make the procedure safer. Liposuction is still a significant procedure requiring detailed preparation for accomplishing aesthetically desirable and safe results.
Your surgeon during the pre-operative consultation will provide you with extensive instructions on preparing for the procedure. Well-prepared patients tend to have more confidence when going for the surgery. They can also take better decisions regarding their procedure. There is faster recovery and lesser risk of complications.
You should be committed to following all the pre- and post-operative instructions of your surgeon for best results from your liposuction. Board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Matthias Solomon provides liposuction to patients in Dallas, Frisco, Sherman, Texas, and surrounding communities.
How to Prepare for Your Liposuction Procedure?
These simple steps can be undertaken by patients for their liposuction cosmetic surgery:
- Arrange for your medical records to be sent directly to the surgeon’s office from specialists, hospitals, and physicians
- List all your medications (prescription and otherwise) including vitamins, herbal medicines, and supplements
- Arrange for your surgeon to speak with the prescribing doctor if they recommend changes to be made in your prescription meds schedule
- Quit smoking for a few weeks before and after the surgery as instructed by your surgeon
- Take care of all your household related tasks and urgent work to enjoy a stress-free and relaxed recovery period
- If necessary, arrange for aftercare during the first two or three days
- You should get somebody you trust to drive you back home after the procedure
You can reduce the chances of complications by a significant margin by following preparation instructions listed by your surgeon. You can also expedite the recovery process considerably.
Guidelines to Follow
Your surgeon will provide you with a printed set of instructions to follow while preparing for your liposuction surgery. These are a few of the common guidelines:
- Don’t use NSAIDs, blood thinners and similar drugs from at least two weeks before the liposuction surgery
- Stop using vitamin C, vitamin E, dietary pills, and herbal supplements for at least four weeks before the procedure
- Stop drinking entirely or minimize the consumption of alcohol for at least 48 hours before the surgery
- Don’t eat or drink anything for at least 8 hours before the schedule procedure
- Get a good night’s sleep and take a lot of rest the night before the liposuction procedure
- Don’t wear contact lenses, makeup, jewelry, body piercings, or nail paint on the day of the surgery
- Wear comfortable and loose clothing to the surgical venue
- Diabetic patients should get their vitals assessed on the morning of the surgical procedure
Some anxiety may occur on the day of the plastic surgery. Your surgeon may prescribe a mild sedative to be taken the night before for relaxing your senses.
Apply for Time Off from Work
It’s crucial for working professionals to take at least one week off to recover from their liposuction procedure. You should only perform sedentary work and not undertake any tasks that may put unnecessary pressure on the incisions. Cosmetic surgeon Dr. Matthias Solomon receives patients from Dallas, Frisco, Sherman, Texas, and nearby areas for liposuction.
Schedule a Consultation with Texas Plastic Surgeon Dr. Solomon
For more information on Plastic Surgery and Non-Surgical Medical Spa Procedures and Treatments in Offices in Dallas, Frisco, Sherman, Texas and surrounding areas please contact the offices of Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Dr. Matthias Solomon by clicking here or calling 214-983-0213.
Serving patients in Dallas, Frisco, Sherman, Highland park, University Park, Preston Hollow, McKinney, Prosper, Allen, Southlake, Denton, Irving, Flower mound, Little Elm, Fort Worth, Texas and surrounding areas.