Losing excess weight is good for your aesthetic appearance, as well as for your health. However, in some cases, loose and inelastic skin offset the benefits in certain areas after significant weight loss. Pregnancy and aging effects can contribute to unsightly loose folds in the skin. Excess hanging skin, in many cases, may create other problems as well, such as chafing, skin rashes, infections, and discomfort among other concerns.
Skin removal surgery is a safe, proven, and effective way of resolving the condition. Cosmetic surgery may become necessary when the skin loses elasticity and cannot be rectified through diet and exercise alone. You should ask your cosmetic surgeon to create a personalized skin contouring and tightening plan.
Board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Matthias Solomon provides skin removal surgery after major weight loss to patients in Dallas, Frisco, Sherman, Texas, and surrounding communities.
Procedures for Skin Removal
One or more of the following plastic surgery procedures are usually performed for removing excess skin:
- Abdominoplasty: Also known as tummy tuck, this surgery is designed for eliminating excess skin from the abdominal region. Your plastic surgeon may remove excess fat and tighten loose muscles.
- Body lift: Comprehensive skin removal procedures may include an upper/lower body lift or a full body lift. Brazilian butt lift, thigh lift, arm lift, and back lift may also be included.
- Mommy makeover: This is a popular plastic surgery that is sought by mothers that want to regain their pre-pregnancy appearance
- Panniculectomy: Patients may have a pannus after getting a bariatric surgery. This is an apron of loose skin that hangs from the lower abdomen. Panniculectomy is performed for getting rid of this skin after massive weight loss.
- Liposuction: Liposuction and skin removal surgery may be combined for creating even and natural looking results.
Choosing Skin Removal Surgery
Anyone bothered by the appearance of hanging and loose skin following pregnancy or bariatric surgery can benefit from skin removal cosmetic surgery procedure. You need to ensure that your weight doesn’t fluctuate when considering the procedure.
You should not consider skin removal procedure if you have plans of losing weight or getting pregnant in the near future. Your plastic surgeon would ask you to stop smoking for a few weeks before and after the procedure if you are a smoker. You should be thoroughly committed to following all instructions for a successful recovery.
Steps in Skin Removal Procedure
Skin removal surgery is a straightforward procedure. However, depending on your customized surgical plan, minor variations may be included. Generally, most skin removal procedures involve the following steps:
- An anesthesiologist or a nurse anesthetist will place you under general anesthesia
- The surgeon will make incisions in the pre-marked areas
- Excess skin will be removed through the incisions
- The remaining skin will be contoured, tightened, and shaped for forming youthful contours before being re-draped over the area
- The surgeon will use absorbable sutures for closing the incisions
- The incisions will be covered using bandages
Cosmetic surgeon Dr. Matthias Solomon receives patients from Dallas, Frisco, Sherman, Texas, and nearby areas for skin removal surgery after massive weight loss.
Schedule a Consultation with Frisco, Texas Plastic Surgeon Dr. Solomon
For more information on Plastic Surgery and Non-Surgical Medical Spa Procedures and Treatments in Frisco, Texas, please contact the offices of Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Dr. Matthias Solomon by clicking here or calling 214-983-0213.
Serving patients in Frisco, Dallas, McKinney, Plano, Sherman, Highland park, University Park, Preston Hollow, Prosper, Allen, Southlake, Denton, Irving, Flower mound, Little Elm, Fort Worth, Texas and surrounding areas.